Saturday, March 21, 2009

An AWESOME surprise came in my mail today!


Someone - someone special in "my" art world - was thinking of me. In today's snail mail, I received a #10 envelope - with a cool and subtle print of candles on it - full of oriental ephemera! Little money envelopes, a skeleton leaf in a gorgeous shade of red, a decorative napkin, little rectangles of cardstock, a blank postcard of "Amitayus" - "Photo courtesy Surendra's Tibetan Thanka Treasure," a couple pieces of 6x6 scrapbook paper...WOW.

Here is a pic of most of the lot...

I haven't the faintest idea who sent this...the handwriting on the envelope looks a little familiar, but not really. I can't read the postmark, and there is no return address or information inside!! So - whoever my art angel is - I just have to send out "THANKS" into the universe - and cyberspace - and hope they know how much this brightened up my weekend!

Now to make some art with these cool things, and pass on the "favor!"

RAKs - Random Acts of Kindness - are wonderful - but I wish I had someone I could thank!

Artists ROCK!!

No comments: