Thursday, March 26, 2009

Whirlwind week...

Yes, I know it's not really the end of the week yet; but my last day each week at work is Thursday, so it FEELS like Friday to me, even when I bring work home, like I had to today...gotta finish some invitations for a dinner to be held in late April - for the "Senior Saints." Ended up using a collage of graphics, since the program is to be connected to a slideshow of vintage postcards from Steuben County - the county I live in at present - a very interesting county with much history and plenty of pretty places to observe the world.

I really wanted to print the invites in color, on one side of an ivory-color paper, but my printer decided to be ornery (actually somehow the file bogged it down; I hadn't really thought it was such a big graphic file, but it took forever just to get it to print in grayscale) so the grayscale original ended up being used as the original on the copier. The finished product, in black on ivory, actually looks pretty sweet. I used Garamond italic for the font throughout; I love that italic.

More later. Maybe I can scan a copy of the front and post it...I'll see!

No comments: